Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wai Ying, Ongpin

Obviously, you will find the best Chinese restaurants in China Town. And Wai Ying is definitely one of them. You haven't had Chinese food 'till you've eaten in Wai Ying.

Hakaw. Now this is hakaw. None of that shrimp-wannabe stuffings you find in most Chinese fastfood place. You will taste shrimp in every bite!

Siomai. I'm very particular about Siomai, since it's one of my favorite dumplings. And Wai Ying siomai is my standard for good siomai. Perfect combination of real pork and mushroom stuffing. A must-try. Wai Ying also sells them in frozen packs.

Curry Beef Rice. Err, the picture doesn't do justice to this dish. Actually it was my first time to try this because I just wanted to order something new. And it didn't disappoint. It had just the right amount of curry with tender beef that just melts in your mouth.

Honey Baked Ribs. This is the cult-favorite. All my friends go to Wai Ying for this. A must-try!

Soup. Regardless of what restaurants I'm at, I usually ask for soup. Most restaurants will give you the soup base of their noodle soup. They won't mind if you ask for more (and more and more) as long as you work your charm and ask them nicely. I love having soup while eating because it helps you lessen your water intake during the meal. Because drinking too much water while eating can actually hinder digestion and absorption of nutrients in the stomach. 

So the next time you are in China town, go try Wai Ying. I'm sure you will go back for more.


No comments: