Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chique Foodie's Birthday Food Wishlist!

My birthday is just around the corner, and that entitles me to a wishlist. Says who? Me! :p It's always nice to celebrate with sumptuous food and I definitely would love to have them on my birthday!

1. Soda Stream. I'm all about getting fit nowadays. Staying in shape means regular workout and watching out what I eat. While I don't drink softdrinks at home, I usually order them when I eat out to aid in my digestion, specially when I eat meat or greasy food. But I know how harmful softdrinks are and I really really want to quit them. Solution? Soda stream!

This cool gadget turns any water or juice to cabonated drinks! Isn't that amazing? Check out their website for more info. It is also locally available at Gourdo's. And I WANT ONE! :)

2. Mrs. Yulo's Strawberry Shortcake. It is extremely difficult to find Strawberry Shortcakes in general, here in Manila. And it happens to be my favorite cake. For my birthday, I really want to order Mrs. Yulo's Strawberry Shortcake. It looks so yummy and I heard a lot of raves about this on other food blogs. To order, call 810-8078 or 812-4961. Pick up is at 19 Kawayan St. North Forbes, Makati.

                                    
Mrs. Yulo's Strawberry Shortcake (Photo from dessertcomesfirst.com)

3.  Caramel Cake. I am not a chocolate person. I happen to be a caramel person. I love caramel in all it's form. And cake is not an exemption. I have tried Costa Brava's caramel cake and loved it! I like how it's not too overwhelmingly sweet. Estrel's caramel cake on the other hand, I have yet to try. I've read so much praises about it I'm dying to try one on my birthday! :) To order Estrel's caramel cake, call 372-2965 or 371-7938 or visit their store which is located at 54 Scout Tobias cor Sct. Limbaga Sts., Brgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City. As for Costa Brava's Caramel Cake, call  8961267; 8966872 (Look for Buboy or Inday) and pick up is at 12 Polaris St., Bel-Air Village, Makati City. 

                                     
                  Estrel's Caramel Cake. (photo from Estrel's facebook page)

I also came across this interesting caramel cake while googling. It's Caramel Cake by Monica Allado-De Luzuriaga.  
(Photo from dessertcomesfirst.com)
 It's not the usual caramel cakes I've seen. And I have a feeling I'll like this one. To order, call 0915-992-1636 or 926-1239. Pick up is at  44 Samar Ave. Brgy. South Triangle, Quezon City. 

4. Red Ribbon Coffee Crunch. This is my favorite cake amongst the commercial brands. I can literally finish one whole cake in one seating. I buy one everytime I see a Red Ribbon store. :)

                                

5. Royce Nutty Bar. Like I've mentioned earlier, I am not a chocolate person. But occasionally, I find things I like, and this, I loved. 

                                              
6. Ferrero Rocher. Another chocolate I like. This is what I grab everytime I strangely crave chocolate. 

                                          

7. Rose Cava. Eversince I started drinking cava, I hardly drink any other alcoholic beverages. It's yummy and gives me just the right amount of buzz. I'm not particular about a brand, and I'm willing to try as many as I can. I frequent Freixenet Rose Cava, because it's readily available in many of the local restaurants. 

                                     
8. Bizu Macaroons. It's been awhile since I've eaten in Bizu. I remember eating there alot with my sister. I haven't had the chance to try many of their pastries, but I absolutely love their macaroons! 

                                       


For now, that wraps up my food wishlist. I'm definitely excited to celebrate my birthday with good food and greater company. Happy weekend everyone! :) 

P.S. 
You may also check out Chique Intuition's non-food wishlist here! 

No comments: