Monday, August 9, 2010

Sbarro

There are things that look really, really good. And usually, they taste really really good too. But this, made me feel cheated! 

Angus Cheese Steak Pizza (Php 186). Whoever named this pizza deserves an award for coming up with such a mouthwatering-borderlining-on-deceit name. I wonder if this person ever tasted this. Okay, so where do I begin? First of all, I didn't know Sbarro put complimentary pasta sauces on their pizzas (you get to choose between white and red sauce). Is it necessary? I don't know. I really can't say if this made the pizza less edible or more edible. So I guess that the problem was not in the pasta sauces. The first bite, all I tasted was the dairy-- butter, chesse, cream. Where was the Angus beef and pizza?! We just couldn't figure out why we couldn't taste anything else other than the forementioned ingredients. I mean, the pizza was stuffed. Then we figured it out. The top layer was just too thick that it overpowered everything else. Without the top layer, it wasn't that bad. But for the price and the misleading name, I really wouldn't eat this again.

Chicago White Deep Dish (Php 172). This was worse. I can not forgive this pizza. Again, it had that top layer of dairy products. I could barely taste any pepperoni or ham. To sum it up, it was a cheap Hawaiian Pizza stuffed under a layer of cheap dairy products, disguising itself with a pretentious name. Why it's called "Chicago White Deep Dish", I don't know. 

I guess what made this Sbarro experience a bad one, is the fact that we just had too much expectations. Their pizzas really looked so good! But alas, looks can be deceiving. And we were thoroughly disappointed.

I actually want other people's opinion on these pizzas. Tell me what you think. I'd love to hear them! :)

No comments: